Jagannath temple introduction
Today we are going to tell you about Jagannath Temple. Jagannath Temple in english – Our country India is a country full of mysteries. The temples here are almost as old as the civilization of this country. One such is Jagannath temple. Which was established in the 12th century and its creator is Kalinga king Anantavarman Chodaganga Dev. The temples that have been standing at their place for thousands of years have many secrets hidden within them. There is no temple present in India in which some mystery related to it is not scientific or a topic of discussion among the common man. Today we are going to tell you about Jagannath Temple, you will be shocked to know its secret.
jagannath temple in hindi – ” Click here “
Table of Contents
|Full name of the temple – Shri Jagannath Puri Temple
|Deity – Lord Jagannath (form of Shri Krishna)
|Location – Puri, Orissa
|Establishment – 12th century
|Name of the style – Kalinga
|Name of the architect – Kalinga king Anantavarman Chodaganga Dev
Actually friends, the journey to Char Dham has great importance in Hindu religion. Today we are going to tell about the mystery related to Jagannath Temple, one of these Char Dham situated in Puri situated on the coast of Orissa. This temple is dedicated to Shri Krishna, the incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Every year lakhs of devotees come here. People come from all over the country and abroad to visit this holy temple which is more than 800 years old.
jagannath temple history, where is jagannath temple located, jagannath temple odisha, jagannath temple secret, jagannath temple photo, miracles of jagannath temple, importance of jagannath puri prasad, secret of jagannath temple, Jagannath Temple in english (Mystery of Jagannath Temple)
Where is Jagannath Temple located?
Jagannath Temple is dedicated to Shri Krishna. It is located in Puri, Orissa state of India. Jagannath Temple is a Hindu temple. The word Jagannath means “lord of the world”. Jagannath Temple is located in Puri city of Orissa state, hence it is also known as Lord Jagannath of Puri. Another name of Jagannath is Jagke Nath. In the Jagannath temple, Shri Krishna is present in the form of Lord Jagannath. Here his elder brother Balram and sister Subhadra are also with him. Whose statues are made of cast and it is incomplete even today.
Secrets of Jagannath Temple
- The sound of sea waves is not heard inside the Jagannath temple – friends, this temple is situated on the sea shore. But no one can hear the sound of the sea waves inside the temple. While the sea is nearby. But as soon as you step out of the temple, you start hearing the sound of the ocean waves. Truly this is no less than a surprise. Every place of this holy temple is connected to some mystery or the other.
- The flag of Jagannath temple waves in the opposite direction of the wind. But its secret has not been known today.
- There is never any shortage of Prasad in Jagannath Temple – no matter how many devotees come to the temple every day for darshan, the quantity of Prasad never decreases. The stock remains full at all times for the entire year. It is believed that thousands to lakhs of people are fed hearty food here with the offerings of Lord Jagannath. No matter the number of devotees, the prasad cooked inside the temple never decreases. Friends, there is a mystery behind this also. Actually, the kitchen of this temple also surprises everyone. Here seven utensils are kept one above the other to cook Prasad for the devotees. But the surprising thing is that the Prasad gets cooked first in the vessel placed at the top. Then the prasad kept in the vessel one after the other at the bottom gets cooked. Apart from this, it is also said that the Prasad prepared here every day never fails among the devotees, 500 people are employed in the huge kitchen here to prepare the Mahaprasad offered to Lord Jagannath. For whom 300 associates work separately. That means around 800 people together prepare Mahaprasad. Where does it go that the temple offerings end only then? When the doors of the temple are closed.
- The Prasad of Jagannath temple is eaten while sitting on the ground. The glory of the Prasad of Jagannath temple is such that if someone asks for Prasad, it cannot be refused.
- No bird flies over the Jagannath temple. Flying airplanes over the temple is prohibited.
- The idols in Jagannath temple are changed every 12 years.
- The heart of Shri Krishna beats in the idol of Jagannath Puri today itself.
- While changing the idol of Jagannath Puri, the priests blindfold themselves.
- Yamraj resides on the third step of Jagannath Puri.
- The color of the third staircase of Jagannath Puri is black.
Mystery of the third staircase of Jagannath temple
There are many stairs in Jagannath temple. And each staircase has its own importance. But there is a secret of the third ladder which even today very few people know. It is believed that after seeing Lord Jagannath, people became free from sins. Seeing this, Yamraj went to Lord Jagannath and said that Lord, you have shown a very simple solution for liberation from sins, due to which all the sins are being freed. And no one is coming to Yamalok. Hearing this from Yamraj, Lord Jagannath says that you should take your place on the third step of the main entrance of the temple. Which will be known as Yamshila. Whoever sets foot on Yamashila after my darshan, all his virtues will be destroyed. And he will have to go to Yamalok. But there is no need to worry, God has already made all the arrangements. Talking about the identity of this stone, it is black in colour. And its color is completely different from the rest of the stairs.
Jagannath Puri Yatra
It is said that Lord Jagannath’s sister Devi Subhadra once expressed her desire to see the city, after which Lord Jagannath ji and his elder brother Baldau along with their sister Subhadra sat on a chariot and went to visit the city. After this he also went to Gundicha and stayed there for 7 days. Since then the tradition of taking out Rath Yatra started. Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra is an annual festival celebrated in Puri city of Orissa. Before the festival, chariots for Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Goddess Subhadra are constructed from wood. And it is decorated very beautifully. On the day of Rath Yatra, King Gajapati Maharaj of Puri cleans the chariots with a golden broom. And pray. Devotees gather in large numbers to pull the chariots with ropes. Getting the opportunity to pull chariots is considered an honor and an act of devotion. After reaching Gundicha temple, Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Goddess Subhadra stay there for a period of 8 days. The chariots are pulled from Jagannath temple to Gundicha temple. Which is situated at a distance of about 3 kilometers. The eighth day is known as Bahuda Yatra. The deities return to Jagannath temple. The chariots are pulled back to their original place. And this marks the conclusion of the Rath Yatra festival.
Q. Where is Jagannath Puri located?
Ans. Jagannath Temple is located in Puri, Orissa.
Q. Which god’s temple is there in Jagannath?
Ans. There is a temple of Lord Krishna in Jagannath temple along with his sister Subhadra and brother Balabhadra.
Q. Why are Jagannath’s eyes big?
Ans. According to people, Lord Krishna sees everything. And to show this, the God there has big eyes.
Q. How old is Jagannath Temple?
Ans. This temple was established in the 12th century on the sea coast in Puri, Orissa. The temple was founded by the famous king Anantavarman Chodaganga Dev of the Ganga Dynasty.
When where did Shiva appear, read the mythological story – ” Click here “
Mantra Collection with Aarti – ” Click here “
Neem Karauli Baba Biography – ” Click here “