Charan Singh introduction
Today we are going to tell you about Charan Singh here. Charan singh biography in english – Charan Singh was an Indian politician, and his full name is Chaudhary Charan Singh. Chaudhary Charan Singh was a farmer politician and the fifth Prime Minister of India. He held the post of Prime Minister from 28 July 1979 to 14 January 1980. His legacy as a “champion of farmers” endures and continues to inspire generations of leaders committed to social justice and rural development in India. Let us introduce you to the life of Charan Singh –
चरण सिंह की जीवनी in hindi – ” Click here “
Table of Contents
|Full name – Chaudhary Charan Singh
|Birth – 23 December 1902
|Death – 29 in 1987
|Age at the time of death – 85 years
|Birth place – Village Noorpur, West Uttar Pradesh, British India
|Occupation – Indian politician
|Political party – Janata Party
|Religion – Hindu
|Nationality – Indian
|Reason for fame – Was the fifth Prime Minister of India
|Marriage Status – Married
charan singh age, charan singh death, charan singh birth, charan singh house, charan singh wife, charan singh children, charan singh party name, Charan singh biography in english (Indian politician)
Charan Singh birth and early life
Chaudhary Charan Singh was born on December 23, 1902 in a village named Noorpur in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh, India. He was born in a farmer family. His father, Sir Mir Singh, was a prominent landowner in the area. Charan Singh’s early life was spent with many difficulties. He had decided since childhood that he had to serve the country and the people. Charan Singh english.
Charan Singh education
Despite coming from an ordinary background, Chaudhary Charan Singh pursued his education with dedication. He completed “Bachelor of Arts” degree from Agra University. Subsequently, he went on to study “Law” at Lucknow University, where he obtained a law degree. His educational background in law probably played an important role in shaping his political career, providing him with the knowledge and skills necessary to deal with the complexities of Indian politics, particularly agrarian issues and legal advocacy for farmers’ rights. In matters related to. Biography of Charan Singh in english.
Charan Singh family
Chaudhary Charan Singh belonged to a prominent landowning Jat family of Uttar Pradesh, India. His father, Sir Mir Singh, was a prominent landowner in the area. The family was from a rural background, with farming being an important part of their livelihood. Charan Singh was married to Gayatri Devi. They had five children: Ajit Singh, who also became a prominent politician; Ranbir Singh, a doctor; Ved Prakash Singh, who made his career in journalism; Satya Devi; And Sarla Devi. Charan Singh’s family has played important roles in Indian politics and public life, with many of his descendants continuing his legacy by being actively involved in the political and social spheres.
- Mother’s Name – Netra Kaur
- Father’s Name – Mir Singh
- Wife’s name – Gayatri Devi
- Children’s names – Ajit Singh, Ranbir Singh, Ved Prakash Singh, Satya Devi, Sarla Devi
Charan Singh’s political career
Chaudhary Charan Singh had a long and illustrious career in Indian politics, marked by his dedication to the welfare of farmers and the rural population. Here is an overview of his political career:
- Early Political Career: Charan Singh started his political journey by joining the Indian National Congress and later joined the Bharatiya Kranti Dal, a party he formed in 1974. He was elected to the Uttar Pradesh Assembly several times.
- Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh: He served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh several times, first assuming office in 1967. His tenure as Chief Minister was marked by his efforts to implement land reforms and address agrarian issues in the state. ,
- Deputy Prime Minister: Charan Singh held the post of Deputy Prime Minister of India under Prime Minister Morarji Desai from 1977 to 1979. During this time, he continued to focus on agricultural policies and rural development.
- Prime Minister of India: In 1979, Charan Singh became the Prime Minister of India, leading a coalition government. His tenure was brief, lasting only a few months from 28 July 1979 to 14 January 1980. Despite its brevity, his government implemented some measures aimed at benefiting farmers and addressing rural issues.
- Post-Prime Ministerial Career: After his tenure as Prime Minister, Charan Singh remained active in politics, advocating farmers’ rights and rural development until his death in 1987. He remains a prominent figure in Indian politics. , is particularly known for its commitment towards the welfare of the agricultural community.
Throughout his career, Charan Singh remained steadfast in his dedication towards addressing the concerns of farmers and advocating agricultural reforms. His policies and efforts have left a lasting impact on Indian politics, especially in the areas of agricultural policy and rural development.
charan singh physical structure
- Age at death – 85 years
- Height – around 5.9
- Weight – around 60 kg
- Skin Color – Fair
- Eye color – brown
- Hair Color – White
more about charan singh – ” Click here “
Charan Singh death
Chaudhary Charan Singh, former Prime Minister of India and a prominent leader known for advocating farmers’ rights, died on May 29, 1987. He died at the age of 85 due to complications from a heart attack. His death marked the end of an era in Indian politics and left a void in the agricultural movement, as he was widely considered a “champion of farmers” for his unwavering commitment to addressing the concerns of farmers and rural communities. . Charan Singh’s legacy continues to inspire political leaders and activists advocating agricultural reforms and rural development in India.
Interesting facts about Charan Singh
- Chaudhary Charan Singh was a farmer leader and the fifth Prime Minister of India.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh died at the age of 85.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh has been honored with the Bharat Ratna Award in the year 2024.
- Charan Singh has advocated the rights of farmers and rural communities throughout his political career.
- Charan Singh’s rise in politics was due to his advocacy of the rights of farmers, especially those from the Jat community, and his vocal opposition to the policies of the ruling parties.
- He received the nickname “Farmers’ Champion”.
- Charan Singh has also made active contributions to social work during his political career. He has worked on issues like poverty, education, cleanliness and environmental protection.
Q. Who is Charan Singh?
Ans. Charan Singh was an Indian politician, and his full name is Chaudhary Charan Singh. Chaudhary Charan Singh was a farmer politician and the fifth Prime Minister of India. He held the post of Prime Minister from 28 July 1979 to 14 January 1980. His legacy as a “champion of farmers” lives on.
Q. Who were the five Prime Ministers of India?
Ans. Chaudhary Charan Singh was a farmer politician and the fifth Prime Minister of India. He held the post of Prime Minister from 28 July 1979 to 14 January 1980.
Q. When was politician Charan Singh born?
Ans. Chaudhary Charan Singh was born on December 23, 1902 in a village named Noorpur in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh, India. He was born in a farmer family.
Q. What was the age of Charan Singh at the time of death?
Ans. Chaudhary Charan Singh died on May 29, 1987. He died at the age of 85 due to complications of a heart attack.
Q. Why did Charan Singh get Bharat Ratna?
Ans. Charan Singh is hailed as the “champion of farmers” and is credited with creating a new political class encompassing farming communities in North India. Therefore, former Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh has been honored with India’s highest civilian award “Bharat Ratna”.
see these also
Navneet Kaur Rana Biography (Politician) – ” Click here “
Smriti Irani Biography (Indian Politician and Former Actress) – “Click here”
Bhagwant Mann Biography (Chief Minister of Punjab) – ” Click here ”